On a scale of lowest to highest, the state and local effective tax rate for South Dakota ranks 27th in the nation, according to a new WalletHub.com study of tax burdens imposed by the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- 1 Draper ranked 248th in state for resident earnings in 2017
- 2 1,876 agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting businesses in the U.S. have between 10 and 19 employees in 2016
- 3 25.3 percent of people 25 or older had an associate's degree or higher in Stockholm, South Dakota
- 4 Census Bureau: More men than women in Iroquois in 2017
- 5 Census Bureau reports North Eagle Butte population was 2,106 in 2017
Get the latest business news and updates - delivered right to your inbox
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from South Dakota Business Daily. You can unsubscribe at any time.